- What is the distance around the reservoir?
When traveling the paved pathway, the distance is 1.6 miles.
- How big is the property?
The property is a 120 acre tract that borders Brick and Wall townships.
- How many acres are covered by water?
The water surface is approximately 90 acres.
- How many gallons of water does the reservoir hold?
The reservoir holds approximately one billion gallons.
- How is the reservoir replenished?
Water from the Metedeconk River is pumped up to the reservoir.
- Why are rocks around the reservoir?
Rocks protect the slope/shore line and absorb wave action in the reservoir.
- Does the reservoir have a liner?
- Is the liner protected?
Yes. It is covered with 18 inches of acceptable soils.
- Why are there cameras around the reservoir?
Cameras are for security and site management purposes. Signals are received at our central
water treatment facility.
- How much sand was removed from the reservoir?
There were 60,000 truckloads of sand removed during construction.
- What size pipe feeds the reservoir?
A 42 inch ductile iron pipe carries water from the Metedeconk River to the reservoir.
- Does the water from the reservoir flow by gravity back to the Brick Utilities treatment plant?
Yes. It was designed this way to save energy costs.
- What is the thickness of the liner in the reservoir?
The liner thickness is 40 mil., comparable to the thickness of a credit card.